Parents we know this is a very difficult time juggling working and home schooling so we have pulled together a range of free downloadable education lesson plans, resources and fun activities to support you while you are at home during this difficult time.
Please note that there are two separate downloads for any of the lesson plans, one for the pupil and one for the teacher/parent which has all the answers in there for you too.
For secondary school ages
– ‘Design the Future’ : design, brand, and bring to market your very own vehicle for a target audience using the workbook Parents & Pupils
– Acrostic poetry: create a beautiful acrostic poem with Lesson 5 Teacher & Pupil
– Understand online presence with ICT Lesson 3 and support your child to be mindful online Teacher & Pupil
– Learn about angles using Lesson 10 ‘off road’ activity in the Maths resource Teacher & Pupil
– 52x lesson plans mapped to the Maths, Literacy, Business Studies and ICT curriculum using the retail automotive industry as a real life setting for tasks and activities with a student guide and teachers pack with easy to follow guidance and support materials download here.
For those leaving school this year
– Create a CV: Prepare for your next step and create your own CV using Modules from the Employability Toolkit Parents & Pupils
– Apply for your next step and impress at your interview: using module 6 of Employability Toolkit Parents & Pupils
– Parents’ guide: it’s a difficult time right now and the Parents Guide will support you to navigate your child’s next steps as they leave school Parents Guide
– If your child has left school and is now looking for an apprenticeship we have lots listed across the UK which you can view and apply for here
For Primary school pupils
– Create a poster: what do you think card will look like in 100 years’ time? Draw, paint or sketch your ideas and share them with us parents guide
– Top Trumps: have a game and learn about some potential jobs for their future Download
– Family Fortunes: If you want something a little light hearted and want to hold a throwback gameshow email us and we can send you the PowerPoint for our Family Fortunes game firstname.lastname@example.org
Well-being is paramount at this time both for you and for your children, please see below support networks to get you all through this.
– Young Minds https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/
– Learner support https://www.gov.uk/learner-support
– Every Mind Matters https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/
Additional support from the IMI
- Support for your business and Apprentices https://www.theimi.org.uk/landing/covid-19/
- Hear from real life apprentices in these 40mins careers talks on Light Vehicle Technology with BMW HERE and Accident Repair with Nationwide HERE
Please get in touch with the IMI Careers and Student Membership team if you need any further information or assistance on email@example.com