The School of Engineering at the University of Bolton (UoB) is home to the pioneering National Centre for Motorsport Engineering (NCME).
The School has a reputation for delivering world-class, industry-relevant education across all engineering-associated disciplines.
The institution was one of the UK’s first mechanics institutes in 1824, and engineering has always been at the heart of the University of Bolton.
The University passionately believes in a collaborative approach and is keen to form partnerships with businesses.
It is particularly looking for companies that want to develop and test new processes, or that could benefit from the engineering students’ knowledge and access to state-of-the-art facilities.
As well as supporting the partner businesses, the learning experience and employability skills of the students involved will be hugely enhanced.
In a technological world, distance is no longer a barrier. Much of this collaboration can now be delivered virtually.
A recent example of a mutually beneficial partnership was the one formed between NCME and Bondloc UK, a leading adhesives and sealants company.
The exciting collaboration will:
- Allow future developments applicable to the motorsport / aerospace industry to be discussed, trialled and tested by UoB students.
- Further enhance the University’s manufacturing capabilities by developing and testing assemblies and assembly methods through the supply of projects, product and support.
- Create research streams to develop collaboratively.
- Create industry standard projects for students to enhance their CVs.
- Allow the adhesive and surface treatment industry to be discovered and explored by UoB students.
Mark Busfield, Director of NCME, said: “I am really excited that NCME is collaborating with Bondloc. This will be a great boost to our students’ learning in preparation for them to enter an industry which is constantly at the cutting edge of new technological developments.”
Paul Nelson, Sales and Marketing Director of Bondloc, said: “We are delighted to announce this close working relationship with the pioneering NCME at the UoB.
“The courses there are fantastic and equips the students for a career in a very exciting and technically fast-moving industry.
“It is great to know that Bondloc adhesive products and our expertise will help to strengthen that learning process going forward.”