ON DAY 2 OF #NCW2020 WE ARE SHARING HOW WE CAN SUPPORT YOU TO EMBED CEIAG INTO YOUR CLASSROOM
DID YOU KNOW WE CAN SUPPORT YOU TO EMBED CEIAG INTO YOUR CLASSROOM FREE OF CHARGE USING THE GATSBY BENCHMARKS OF GOOD CAREERS GUIDANCE? OUR FREE RESOURCES COVER 5/8 OF THE BENCHMARKS TO SUPPORT A STABLE CAREERS PROGRAMME AND CAN ALL BE FOUND ON OUR DEDICATED CEIAG WEBSITE WWW.THEIMI.ORG.UK/AUTOVITY.
BENCHMARK 2 – learning from career and labour market information
- We supply you with Career Labour Market Information for the retail automotive industry
- Information and videos of real young people working in the industry in 150 different types of job roles.
BENCHMARK 3 – addressing the needs of each pupil
- Information and advice on all the options for your students next steps in the industry when they leave school including College courses, Apprenticeship Frameworks, Apprenticeship Standards and University.
BENCHMARK 4 – linking curriculum learning to careers
- 52x Lesson plans and teaching resources mapped to the curriculum in Business Studies, Literacy, ICT and Maths all with an Automotive Industry theme. Teacher and Pupil workbooks, hand outs and presentations.
- Additional fun activities to use in the classroom whilst embedding CEIAG into pupils learning.
BENCHMARK 5 – encounters with employers
- Linking employers and our network of industry volunteers to attend your Career Fair events
- Team competitions with employer experience prize day promoting teamwork, problem solving, time management and creativity, highlighting the different careers roles within the project to design and market their ‘Vehicle of the Future’.
BENCHMARK 6 – experience of workplaces
- Making Work Experience easier by supplying you with our easy to use WEX Toolkits for the Organiser, Student and Employer including preparation work, workbooks during the placement and feedback and reflection activities post placement to ensure a successful, rewarding and worthwhile experience.
- See inside the industry with our 360 and VR films and experience the different workplaces without even leaving the classroom. Take a look on YouTube here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFd986pkVcA or Vimeo https://vimeo.com/241538368
- See a different side to Automotive with our school Santa Pod days. Twice a year we offer schools free tickets to watch Drag Racing, meet the careers team and arrange Pit Tours to speak directly with Technicians and drivers who race and take care of these amazing machines.
GET IN TOUCH
The IMI would like to keep you up to date on activities over the 2018/2019 academic year, so to ensure that you receive relevant information, we would love to hear from you. Please share any comments, suggestions or feedback with us.
Tel: 01992 511521