There are an additional 320,000 jobs being created in #MotorCareers between 2014 and 2030 with analytic engineers, technology gurus, 3D printing technicians, and cybersecurity experts are some of the new roles that are shaping the sector. The rise of new technologies has led to an urgent demand for a new set of skills for the automotive workforce and with 67% of young people saying they would prefer to sidestep university in favour of earning money, and 48% choosing to avoid student debt by opting for other choices such as an apprenticeship.
DID YOU KNOW…..
- Each year 1,300 jobs in Retail Automotive open in Scotland alone
- In 2020 there will be 36,329 people working in Scotland in #MotorCareers
- Most of them will be employed as Managers and Business Owners followed by Technicians, Vehicle Repairers then Parts and Sales
- There are 17,628 women working in Retail Automotive
- 7% of those working in the industry are aged 16-24 years old
- There are over150+ different job roles in #MotorCareers
FIND AN IMI CENTRE NEAR YOU
There are 22 IMI Approved Centres in Scotland….click here to find your nearest one http://awarding.theimi.org.uk/centres/search-results/address/scotland
- University of the Highlands and Islands – Inverness College – 7.8.18 – https://www.inverness.uhi.ac.uk/
- Moray Firth Training Group – Inverness – https://www.mftg.co.uk/apprentice-training
- North East Scotland College – Aberdeen – https://nescol.ac.uk/events/clearing
- John Clark – Aberdeen – http://www.johnclarkrecruitment.co.uk/
- Stagecoach – Perth – https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/national/careers
- Fife College – 8.8.18 – http://www.fife.ac.uk/news/events/Pages/default.aspx
- GTG Edinburgh – https://www.gtg.co.uk/our-locations/edinburgh/
- Edinburgh College – http://www.edinburghcollege.ac.uk/newsandevents/welcome-events-2018/
- REMIT Scotland – https://www.remit.co.uk/academy/
- New College Lanarkshire – Motherwell – http://www.nclanarkshire.ac.uk/courses/automotive?date=&duration=4&campus=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt-eft4S13AIVypPtCh01YQZpEAAYASAAEgI0o_D_BwE
- LAGTA Ltd – Motherwell – http://www.lagta.co.uk/
- Supagard – Glasgow – https://www.supagard.com/contact/
- GTG – Glasgow – https://www.gtg.co.uk/
- West College Scotland – http://www.westcollegescotland.ac.uk/
- Ayrshire College – http://www1.ayrshire.ac.uk/
- SRUC – https://www.sruc.ac.uk/barony
- Dumfries and Galloway College – https://www.dumgal.ac.uk/dumgalportal/index.php?pageid=subject-motor
Scottish qualifications SCQF (Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework)
The IMI offers the widest available range of motor industry qualifications and assessments in Scotland. It also offers Work-based Core Skills and Land-based Engineering Qualifications. These qualifications are designed to help individuals prove their skills and competence and to achieve their career ambitions. http://awarding.theimi.org.uk/qualifications/scotland
Understanding SCQF qualifications:
- SCQF Level 3 qualifications can support employment or provide progression on to further learning suitable for 14-16-year-olds.
- SCQF Level 4 qualifications teach basic knowledge and routine tasks and may be used as a learning program for students (from 14-16 years old) in school or further education.
- SCQF Level 5 qualifications cover routine tasks and require previous knowledge or work experience suitable for those who have an SCQF Level 4 qualification.
- SCQF Level 6/7 supervisor level qualifications cover non-routine, more complex tasks and require previous knowledge or work experience; suitable for those who have an SCQF Level 5 qualification.