How the BMTA Trust maybe able to help you out
If you’re struggling financially or there is an item of equipment which would really support you in completing your qualification and progression into the industry there are Charites out there who can help get you the support you need! One of these amazing Charities is the BMTA Trust Ltd. BMTA provide individual one-off grants of up to £1,000 to young people to help them overcome financial barriers to achieve their education, training or employment goals in the motor industry. Examples of items that can be applied for are course fees, tools and help with living costs.
Here are two of the support they have already offered people just like you…
N lives with his mother and, until recently, his mother’s partner, whom he got on well with. However, he has fallen out with his mother. He is living temporarily with his girlfriend and her flat-mate in overcrowded conditions. It now takes him 2 hours to get to and from work (as opposed to ten minutes when he was living with his mother) and his fuel costs have risen considerably. N is upset about the breakdown of his relationship with his mother and feels frustrated, confused and hurt. There is no chance of him moving back home. He wants to move closer to his work and near to his sister and friends however, he cannot afford the deposit and rental advance for a flat.
The Trust helped N with the flat deposit cost.
T works at a Parts Distribution Centre. He has Type 1 diabetes and a complication called Charcot Foot caused by diabetes leading to weakened bones in the feet. He has had 6 months off work due to a break in one of his foot bones. He needs bespoke specialist steel toe-cap work shoes to protect and support his feet while at work. These shoes are not available on the NHS.
The Trust helped with £250 towards the cost of the work shoes
The T’s and C’s
To be considered for support you must be:
- Aged 16-25
- Receiving little or no financial support from family members
- Financially challenged
- Committed to pursue a defined goal in relation to education, training or employment in the motor industry
If this sounds like it could help you then just follow these 4 simple steps:
- Give the Case Secretary, Jane, a call and have a chat about your situation. (We’ve already spoken to Jane and she is lovely!)
- If Jane thinks BMTA may be able to help you out she will send you an application from to fill in. FYI you will need a referee’s contact details to add in just so they can double check the support will really help you.
- Send the form back and the BMTA Board will talk though all the requests they receive and make a decision.
- If they feel the BMTA can’t help at this time they may be able to point you in the direction of someone that can.
So if there is a piece of equipment that would have a big impact on your training and learning or if you are struggling financially you don’t have to suffer in silence. Get in touch with the BMTA Trust Ltd:
- Case Secretary, the BMTA Trust Limited, PO Box 3157, Caterham CR3 4BH.
- Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number 01883 371280