The IMI is absolutely delighted to be able to announce the Gold, Silver and Bronze medal winners from the 2017 Skill Auto Competition!
The World Skills UK National Finals, featuring over 56 different skills competitions, were held at the Birmingham NEC on Thurdsay 16th and Friday 17th November with the glittering medal ceremony taking place on the evening of Saturday 18th November at the nearby Hilton Metropole Hotel with family, friends and supporters on hand to help celebrate.
Earlier this year the extremely talented finalists demonstrated their knowledge and skills through completing online tests, participating in live heats and competing at an extremely high level during the national qualifiers – making them the best in the UK within their stream of Automotive Technology, Refinishing, Body Repair or Heavy Vehicle Engineering.
Huge congratulations go to all of the competitors for not only proving their technical ability and showcasing the industry to young people but also for the passion and tenacity shown and for being the most amazing group of young people – who each did themselves, their employers, their tutors and their families proud!
Drum roll please … here are the results of Skill Auto 2017:
Bronze medals were awarded to:
- Christian Wilson (Automotive Technology)
- Dylan Russell (Refinishing)
- Michael Kilner (Body Repair)
- Luke Hopkins (Heavy Vehicle Engineering)
Silver medals were awarded to:
- Eoin McCloskey (Automotive Technology)
- Callum Green (Refinishing)
- Scott Patterson (Body Repair)
- Kieran Leyland (Heavy Vehicle Engineering)
And finally, the gold medals were awarded to:
- Damian Blaszczyk (Automotive Technology)
- Conor McKevitt (Refinishing)
- Cillian John Campbell (Body Repair)
- Luke Copplestone (Heavy Vehicle Engineering)
The full results list, including those finalists who made it into the World Skills UK Squad, can be DOWNLOADED HERE.