Key dates for your diary
Online Registration for IMI Skill Auto 2017 opened on Wednesday the 1st of March and closed on Friday the 7th of April. To find out about how to nominate for the 2018 competition, email the Skill Auto team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each college, training provider or organisation is able to nominate up to 5 competitors per stream of the competition. Once registered candidates will be emailed a link to an on-line test which consists of 30 multiple choice questions to answer within 30 minutes. High scoring competitors will then be contacted and invited along to the national qualifiers held at four prestigious venues to participate in tasks to find the IMI Skill Auto finalists.
The top 6 scorers from each discipline across all national qualifiers will then be invited to participate in the UK final held at the NEC in Birmingham at The Skills Show, the largest careers and skills event in the UK in November 2017. To order your free tickets to the Skills Show please click here
How to enter
1) Nominations and online test (March/April) Employers, Colleges and Training Providers nominate up to 5 per stream in Automotive Technology, Automotive Body Repair, Automotive Refinishing and Heavy Vehicle Engineering with a maximum of 10 in total, nominations are open between 9am on 01/03/2017 and 5pm on 07/04/2017. Nominees will be emailed a link to take an online test of 30 multiple choice questions in 30 minutes which closes 12 midday on 08/04/2017. High scoring online test entries are invited to a one day national qualifier held at one of the four prestigious venues.
THE NOMINATIONS AND ONLINE TEST IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2017 COMPETITION
2) National Qualifiers (May/June/July)
National Qualifiers for 2017 Skill Auto competition
- 15th – 19th May for the Technology National Qualifiers at VW Group
- 7th – 9th June for the Refinishing National Qualifiers at 3M
- 21st – 23rd June for the Body Repair National Qualifiers at Babcock Academy
- 5th – 7th July for the Heavy Vehicle Engineering Qualifiers at Volvo Academy at Stephenson’s College
The top 6 from across the national qualifiers in each stream of competition are invited to take part in the live final held at the Skills Show, the largest skills and careers event in the UK alongside 62 other skills competitions
3) Employer Visits (September) In September the IMI Skill Auto team complete employer visits to all finalists in preparation for the final
4) Training Days (October) **Funding permitting** the 6 finalists from each stream receive a one day training course using the latest equipment that will be used at the final
5) Final (November) Finalists compete in a 2 day competition at the NEC, Birmingham at the Skills Show, the largest careers and skills event in the UK, in November for Bronze, Silver and Gold medals
If you have any questions, please contact the Skill Auto Team at the IMI on 01992 511521 or email email@example.com